Michigan issued an order limiting gatherings indoors and outdoors to slow the spread of COVID-19 and avoid overwhelming hospitals, and to keep death counts from rising to the levels that we experienced in the spring. The order takes effect Wednesday for three weeks, from November 18 until December 8th.
Here are some highlights:
Indoor social gatherings outside of the home are prohibited. Outdoor gatherings are limited to 25 people or 20 persons per 1,000 square feet.
- Indoor gatherings and recreational venues like banquet halls, convention centers, casinos, etc. are closed.
- Restaurants and bars are open only for outdoor dining, delivery, and carry out.
- In-person instruction for grades 9-12 is prohibited except for special education, social services, ELL.
- No organized sports except for professional sports.
- Maintain remote work requirements and only allow for in-person if strictly necessary to complete work.
- Personal services will remain open by appointment only.